Nowadays in this smart world, all we need is doing the things with a single touch from anywhere in the world, all we need is an easy and the safe ways to access anything. So here are simple steps to Access Computer Files From Anywhere in the world but the only condition is that host computer must be connected to the internet all the time.
There are many ways to do it but the method we are going to see here is completely free and works on any platform and there are no bandwidth restrictions.
So before getting into the free methods take a brief look at the alternative methods.
- We can put the files directly into cloud storage like google drive or Dropbox and access it easily but it is not possible to entirely clone the hard drive to the cloud.
- Now we can also have a setup where the computer should not be turned on whole the time, it can be done by NAS or router with remote access features. But the only problem is this setup is quite expensive.
- You can make a clone of the full hard disk on the external hard drive and carry it where ever you go all you need is a USB port on the router to transfer the files. But carrying an external hard drive everywhere is not that easy.
- Next, you can host a VPN or FTP server on the computer, but it is not an ideal solution as it would be too much technical like forwarding ports and all.
- And finally came the company which will take care of all those geeky stuff like unity, log me in, GoToMyPC and PushBullet etc. But all these servers are paid just one time fees but a monthly subscription model.
Now there is a simple way where we don’t need to pay anything and get all the perks,
So here is how its done, just simply follow the steps one by one:
- So, first of all, you need to turn on your PC whose file you need to access remotely and then open the browser. There you need to download a screen sharing app namely team viewer. This software is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Once downloaded install the software and open it, now usually we all stop here. But to get files sharing feature you need to go one step further and create a free account. Now after creating an account you can access to the team viewer with email and password.
Remember, team viewer is completely free for personal use but for commercial use you need to pay.
- Now open the team viewer desktop window and click on the profile button and click my computer and add the restricted access this way you don’t need to enter email every time you log in.
- Next thing is you need to have a smartphone to access it and make sure you don’t use LAN method instead turn on the mobile data, coz if both the system is on the same network you don’t need any software you can access it directly with the home group.
- If your device is connected to the internet open your team viewer app (download from play store) and sign in with your username and password you used before.
- And now you can see the whole list of device the team viewer app is running. Then tap on the folder you want to go. By this, you have the read-only access to the entire hard drive which means you can now copy any file from your computer but you can’t delete any file.
Have any questions? Do comment them below!